Tuesday 28 February 2017

Rescued!

I do hope that everyone has had a great week, thank you for all your lovely comments and best wishes it was great to connect with you all again.  
I'm slowly improving but don't coughs take an age to get better! at least the dizziness has improved, I do seem to have an awful blinding headache which won't leave me until around noon time I suppose that must be with all the congestion.  I do feel a bit ashamed moaning on when I know that there are many of you suffering with far worse ailments than me, my heart goes out to you all and I hope that you are all feeling better very soon.

Spring is on the way and that alone is enough to lift your spirits, look what I found hidden and buried underneath the lavender bushes.....
I rescued them and placed them indoors so that I could get a close up of their beauty I just love snowdrops don't you.  

My home is still upside down and my furniture is stacked in a pile in the middle of the room but it's going to be another two weeks before they lay the carpets so I have cleaned and dusted it all and claimed a sofa to sit on, I refuse to sit upstairs a moment longer so I'm camped out in the sitting room amidst the chaos. I've brought my TV back downstairs so I'm comfortable for the first time in weeks.  I know I will have to take it back upstairs when they lay the carpets but I don't care enough is enough.

Look what met me when I stepped outside the other morning aren't they pretty I planted stacks of bulbs last Autumn it's lovely to see some of them flowering already.

I was asked by Knit for nowt to make a jumper for a three year old boy last week..


As always I used stash yarn, this time I used James Brett Rio DK  I have had this stashed away for years and the label was still intact so for once I knew what I was knitting with although I think that this shade is now discontinued. This is a 20% wool/acrylic mix so it will be nice and warm, it took 180 grams.  The pattern I used was Stylecraft leaflet 8903 nice, easy and straight forward.  

Today is Shrove Tuesday so I hope that you all enjoy your pancakes, if you want to see how to make them see Amy's post here

Have a Great week!


See all the great parties I'll be linking to over on my right side bar.😊














 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

14 comments:

  1. Nice Jumper, Linda!! Nice to know you are doing better and more importantly found fun amidst chaos. Your flowers look pretty. This year has been gloomy in terms of gardening for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've aged (76 years young) I find it takes much longer to get over even a light cold. I hope you feel better soon.

    The sweater is so nice. Love the colors. It will be perfect for a three year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're getting back to normal. They finished all our decorating today, just waiting a decision on the carpet now. That's a very jolly jumper, just right for a 3 year old. It's a great feeling when you can pull exactly the right yarn from your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your feeling better Linda. Very pretty sweater.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling a bit better Linda. You have had such a rough time of it. I am sure all the dust from the construction does not help. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know your health is improving. Your flowers are beautiful and the jumper is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, those bulbs! Good to save the snowdrops, now you have the pleasure to see them every minute if you like.
    Well done, that sweater! I admire your knitting talent!
    Have a nice day,
    Sigrid
    PS: Hope you headache will disappear soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're much better now.
    Snowdrops are so pretty, we live at a dike and ther they grow in the wild.
    The jumper looks so nice Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are feeling better...it can't help all the upheaval in your home at the moment. That would give me a headache for sure...! Just love snowdrops so delicate yet so sturdy pushing their way up among the snow.

    Take care now

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knit For Nowt certainly chose the right person to knit a jumper in record time. That will come in very useful...still plenty of cold weather left to come. My snowdrops are doing really well this year. I divided them last year and might do the same again this year. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda.Hope you got my reply email.Glad you are feeling better,but yes coughs do like to cling for ages,honey and lemon ! One of my all time fav flowers are snowdrops,so pretty and delicate.Love your pots of Spring flowers they are very pretty too.That jumper does look so snuggly loving the colours.Take care.Huggles xx PS Totally forgot it was Pancake Day,went out for a meal with a friend lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very glad that you are feeling better! The flu virus has been going around my entire office!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Linda, wow your flowers are just beautiful and scream spring. I love that beautiful sweater you made. Hope you have a nice week.
    Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Spring flowers - so pretty - and a welcome reminder that there will be warmer days ahead. Hope you feel a little better day by day. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx